THE NIMBLE BACKCOUNTRY RACER
The Hovercraft Split is purpose built to surf the earth and features a directional shape that truly shines in the backcountry. It’s nimble, squat outline provides the float of a much longer board, and the short running length makes it super maneuverable in the tight trees and skinning up. The blunt nose and directional rocker of the Hovercraft keep you surfin’ on top of the soft stuff, while the stiff tail keeps you stable through any unexpected crust. For added edge grip on icy skin tracks or firm descents, the Hovercraft Split features Inner/Outer Traction Tech 2.0 edges. New for 2020, the Hovercraft Split is built with a FSC Engineered Veneer Topsheet and Rounded Recycled ABS Sidewalls for improved topsheet durability.
- Directional Shape
- Directional Flex Pattern
- Blunt Nose
- Inside & Outside Traction Tech 2.0
- Progressive Sidecut
- Quick Tension Tail Clip
- Directional Rocker - A hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
FSC™ Classic Split Core - Full wood premium poplar core that offers fun pop, even flex and solid durability.
- FSC™ Engineered Veneer - New composite wood veneer topsheets made from 100% FSC certified wood. Wood veneer topsheets dampen ride and absorb board chatter.
- Sintered 7000 Base - Durable natural base material with added carbon for speed and good wax absorbency.
ECO-Plastic Topsheet - Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet)
- Karakoram STD Clips - Jones Splitboards feature premium Karakoram K-clips plus tip and tail hooks. Adjustable tension K-clips increase board torsional stiffness and offer a superior connection to simple interlocking clips.
Stainless Steel Reinforcement - Stainless steel plates are embedded into the nose and tail for improved board tip durability.
- Biax Fiberglass - A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
Oversized Recycled Edges - All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Recycled Rounded ABS - New rounded sidewall finish that improves board durability by protecting top sheet from chipping. Available on all splitboards and Surf Series models.
- Wend Natural Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Super Sap Bio Resin - All Jones boards are now built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are co-products or waste products of other plant-based industrial processes. Producing Super Sap requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
- Flip-Flop Base - By flip flopping the base graphic colors, P-Tex waste is drastically reduced by increasing the material yield.